Thursday 24 May 2012

Ocean Bro - James Kates

Meet a fellow Ocean Bro.


Jimmy Giving Lewy The "How To" On Instagram.
Most of you probably already know him. Creator of boog flicks Waynes Addiction, Crazy, Chicks and my personal favourite Fever Dream..... He goes by various guises - Flames, Jatesy (to myself), Variable Frames Rates and The Stoke to name but a few. James Kates.

It wasn't long ago that I first met him. Jason Finlay and Jimmy K spent a few weeks over West while the Box comp was running. We filmed a few times round here coupla Cobbles days some tows nothing major.... Then shared a pretty harrowing experience sinking my Jetski and swimming in with one board from about 2km out through a solid 8ft shorebreak. Good solid male bonding to say the least. Hahaha

East Coast tour guide and genuine good friend this dude can ride a lid people I can tell you that! I would say one of my favourite riders to film. With the ability to draw smooth lines and hit a decent ramp, he's the type of dude that I aim to feature heavily in this project.

Anyways enough jibber jabber. I will let a few of the frames of Jimmy do the talking. Enjoy.


James Strickland


Jatesy Nuggen


Morning Flames 
Latrines Reverse. 

Katesy's Carving 101.


No comments:

Post a Comment